Thursday, March 8, 2018

#ThrowbackThursday - here's an interview from 2016

Dug up some old interviews and...

This one was hosted by author Tracey Clark back on January 1, 2016.

1. Do you have a favorite book baby?
A future Agent Seven book that hasn’t been released, yet. Writing it got me through some tough times. When nothing else was coming to me, I could work on that.

2. Which series flows so much easier that you find yourself telling the voices that they must give the other series some air time?
Well, the first drafts of several Children of Ossiria stories have been written a long time and publishing them in 2016 is my priority.

3.Do you have any writing quirks that you are willing to share? (like I have a tendency to write long hand then move to the computer, just something that frees your mind to think and connect the dots)
I need quiet to write. The quiet hum of my computer or the AC is fine, but anything else is totally distracting, which means much of my writing has happened in the middle of the night. I’ve lived more vampire hours as a writer than not!

4. Do you enjoy creating anything other than your word babies?
I recently took up drawing/sketching. I post finished projects on Facebook. I’ve tried out most any craft over the years. I can crochet and cross stitch. I don’t have a sewing machine anymore, but I used to sew. I’ve painted simple projects in the past. Just about anything you can pick up from a Michael’s store, I’ve probably tried it. I like working with my hands.

5. Where does your love of supernatural/paranormal/fantasy come from? Or is it something that has always been with you?
Always, as far back as I can remember. Sci-fi, fantasy, superheroes, all that stuff. My parents were geeks.

6. You have been drafted to compete in a triathlon, with the option to ask one of your characters to take your place. Which of them would step up, and who would run screaming? Which one would you ask first, and why?
Agent Seven, Della, would probably do it if I asked nicely. The vampires can’t because of that whole pesky sunlight issue. Carys, from PROTECTOR, would say no way. She’s not into marathon exercise.

7. What would you suggest to other writers when it comes to participating in a writing community? What are your hard and fast rules?
Communities all vary, so if you join up, observe for a while before jumping in. Helps prevent stepping on any toes. Follow the rules set by the group. Contribute help where you can.

8. Do you have any co-authors? Human or of the four legged variety?
No. And my cat isn’t allowed on my desk. Otherwise, my keyboard would’ve stopped working a long time ago!

9. How do you deal with writer’s doubt?
Talk (whine) to my closest peeps. Give myself a break. Know it’s normal and everyone has it. Distract myself with something fun. Someone with zero doubts is delusional. The best books of all time still get low reviews, so….




No comments:

Post a Comment