Sunday, April 13, 2014

Writing...

982 words writing out of sequence on a book I won't get to for a long time. Heh. But if it's in my head, it's in my head. At least I did something!

I struggle with drafting books at times. Words can come as feast or famine. My first year of writing stories, I put down a LOT of words. A couple hundred thousand. And my fastest, longest continuous writing binge was 27,000 words in 24 hours. I don't recommend that, though, as at least in my case, I was out of words for the next month. Like I could hardly communicate with people after that, heh. Makes one feel pretty stupid at the time - "Sorry, I broke my brain."

So, in 2014, years and books later, I sometimes fear I've run out of words, or at least ideas. I haven't had that wondrous flow of creativity for a long time, and I'm not sure how to find it again. If I had room for crafting in the house, I might tap into it in an alternate way, but that's not currently possible. So, I continue to struggle and try my best. 

And be thankful for the words when they come.

No comments:

Post a Comment